Monday, April 23, 2007

Daffodils for my mother...

My mother loves daffodils but finding the bulbs let alone getting them to grow in Texas is another issue. Ours are finally starting to bloom here in upstate NY. These are Tom Thumbs - only about 6 inches tall although you can't tell that from the photo, and are always the first to bloom.

Although the wind was blowing "a gale" as they say down east, I did manage to get in a few hours of gardening today (and can barely move to prove it!). Transplanted more plants, "found" a few more where I thought I was going to put the first ones, discovered more seldom used muscles, and finally got organized again about what tools were where and which worked best.

Gardening gives me time to "refocus" (don't you love that word?) for the season. Although I know a few of you are dedicated blog readers, I just don't feel I can continue to do a daily blog. However, not to leave you entirely, my plans are to publish on www.ontheroadinthevw.blogspot.com once a week so you'll have something new to read on Monday or Tuesday. John & I want to get Tillie back on the road and visit places we've never been to or spent much time at in New York State. So look for the first of these next week (actually the first trip is to Pennsylvania in Rambo but give me a little slack. John was out today hosing Rambo down trying to find that pesky leak over the driver's seat. Rain in predicted....)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: