Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Return to the BS

That's BS as in "beastly seats"...
Having finished everything else I really wanted to do, the back seats from the camper have finally reached the top of my list. Yesterday I finished the bottoms, today I'm working on the backs. Talk about using every inch of fabric. One of the final side pieces that could have been done as one piece has now evolved into four pieces. Ah, the stress of it! So, I'm taking a break and writing this instead.

One thing that tends to inspire me when I have to do something I really DO NOT want to do, is to think of other jobs I might be doing that are far worse. (Cleaning for example...) This morning I noticed what you see in the photo. There are three people up on that round area of what will be Colgate U's new science building. They are working not only up in the air (you could never get me that high without being strapped down to something), but they are attempting to put down metal roof decking... in the wind (at least 20mph)... in 13 degree F. weather... (I know 13 is Colgate's lucky number but not for these folks.) Whatever they're being paid it is NOT enough. I'll go back to my BS and count myself lucky.

No comments: