Monday, September 25, 2006

Hoboken


I know, I know - Hoboken is not really is in the country but sometimes you just have to go somewhere different. John's cousins from California were in the east for a family wedding in Pennsylvania so John & I volunteered to take them to a train station so they could spend a few days in NYC (blogs are not NEARLY long enough to be able to explain how & why one ends up going to the station in Hoboken from Allentown.) Anyway, Cousin Carol teaches art in the San Francisco area; Cousin Bob is retired from naval intelligence (can't you tell from his attire?!) & lives in San Diego; & John is just happy he found the station even though it does look like he's parked on the tracks.

It has been years since we were in Hoboken and I found myself thinking it would be an interesting place to come back and visit. However, it didn't look like the Women's Department would be opening anytime soon. I have NO clue where that doorway lead or used to lead although it wasn't far from Frank Sinatra Blvd. if that helps. There was no Men's Department.

No comments: