Friday, December 01, 2006

Cookies



It's that time of year when I (along with others) am asked to donate cookies. For years I hated being asked because there never seemed to be enough time. By the time I got them mixed up I had already lost interest and energy for baking them. Finally it dawned on me (I won't tell you how many years this actually took), refrigerator cookies were the answer. Mix them up one day, bake the dough another. Yeah!!!

Now I have my own little repertoire. Bubba cookies for our godson; napoleons (technically they aren't really napoleons but who cares?) for the auxiliary; chocolate peppermint for the library; oatmeal dried fruit for the seniors; etc. John & I get to keep one of each kind but other than that, they're out the door. We don't want to end up the shape of those chocolate cookies - nice and round!

No comments: