Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yesterday was our friend Jen's 34th birthday. Her daughter, not having had any birthdays of her own yet, chose to sleep through it all.

Jen and I have similar likes and dislikes in birthday cakes. NO frosting is the big one. Don't ask us why - it's just too much sweet stuff. The cake on the other hand we have no problem with. Betty (Jen's mother) made a chocolate cake from a recipe Jen & Dan had won second prize with at the county fair. (DE-licious!) Sprinkled a little powdered sugar on in lew of frosting and added sugar cookies at the corners. Mother's do learn to improvise.

The most amazing thing about this birthday was the photo I took of Jen blowing out the candles. It wasn't cold in there but it looks like you can actually see Jen's breath. That gal has a set of lungs. Meghan better watch out when her mom gets to the part in the nursery tale when Jen says "I'll huff & I'll puff & I'll blow your house down..."

No comments: