Friday, December 08, 2006

Odds and Ends

First of all, taking a lesson from my uncles that it's never too late to learn something new, I think I finally have comments working on this log. You can enter one, then when I sign on I can accept or reject it for publication on the blog. (What power I'll have!!!) Hope you'll feel free to add your thoughts to mine.

Secondly, I just got an email from Austin regarding my feature of them a couple of days ago. Austin writes... "Now I am getting ready for some `fan` mail......
Gardening = I picked the last lettuce & green onions on December 1. They were good."

And lastly, our Auxiliary published a cookbook this year with recipe contributions from the community. It's proving to be a great success as a fundraiser. The first day it went on sale over $3,000 worth were sold (of course the price was $15 the first day and $20 now which probably encouraged a lot of us to buy then). Two recipes are worth noting - One is a recipe for a Six-Cheese Lasagna that won first place at the NY State Fair this year. It was submitted by one of the male nurses at the hospital and looks delicious - can't wait to try it. The other which seems to be self-explanatory is for "Boom Boom Beans".......

No comments: