Monday, December 04, 2006

Technical Difficulties

Most people I know have this love hate relationship with their computer. Day after day everything works smoothly until suddenly, something goes amiss for no good reason (at least to my way of thinking). For the past day or so I’ve tried to post to my blog but no matter what I did, the little icons that let me do such neat things as upload pictures and spell check (when I happen to remember to do it) weren’t there (or at least not where I could find them). I finally gave up in frustration resolving to try again another day. But then, what happens? I go away for the day, come back, and those pesky icons have found their way back home again. Who knows why? I certainly don’t!

This week we went to hear a music historian speak. He pointed out that songs for hundreds of years have reflected important things in the world. Love, death, patriotism, even inventions like the phone and automobile… “I wanna go for a ride in the car, car”. Yet how many songs do you know that even mention a computer? Verrrrrry strange!

Now an update from past blog entries… Dillon did NOT win the all-terrain vehicle even with all those raffle tickets. (I’m secretly singing my thanks!) Item 2 – the Hospital Auxiliary made around $11,000 at the four hour sale on Saturday. Not bad for a small community.

No comments: