Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I didn't wear purple but...

In my youth it would never have occurred to me to go to something if I'd been told they couldn't take me. However, with age comes experience. So today I appeared at a Planning Board training session that our town was told was fully booked. Sure enough, I got in. (Of course, that might have been because we'd had a LOT of snow overnight & some folks chickened out, but who's quibbling?)

And for this "courageousness" on my part, I learned such interesting things as the benefits of "deep hole analysis" vs. "perk tests"; "small wind" development (this had nothing to do with the consumption of beans); and the meaning of a whole new set of acronyms - SEQR, NYCRR, EIS, DEIS, FEIS (you get the picture).

For my next act, perhaps I will wear purple and try something more exciting.

No comments: