Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Why didn't someone tell me?!

Today we took a friend on a shopping trip to Syracuse. Somehow John & I managed to acquire a few things - our friend abstained - go figure!

Used to be that whenever we went to the "big" city, John always had to stop somewhere like Home Depot or Lowe's. Now it's Pep Boys or some other auto supply place. It seems that in our old age we have (or should I say John has) gone from old house restoration to old vehicle restoration. Normally, I refrain from even going in the auto places but I thought it might encourage John not to dilly-dally (bet you use that term a lot, don't you?) if I went in too. And what do you think I spotted while perusing the shelves? Not one, but a WHOLE ROW of seat covers!!! Why didn't I know about this? Why did I spend hours piecing together my own design? They even make tee shirts for seats! My advice to our friend in Brooklyn with the rocker in need of a new cover... go to the store!

No comments: