Monday, November 13, 2006

Day 10 and counting...

Let me confess right off the bat that I once again did NOT get the arrangements arranged - the stuff is still sitting on the dining room table. Maybe tomorrow...

However, the weekend "guest" laundry as well as our own is done and the beds remade. John even vacuumed. As you can see, the Adirondack Room is ready for guests.

Now let's talk "turkey". For years we've gotten our Thanksgiving free-range organic turkeys from Windhaven Farms. This spring they had the bad form to sell their farm and I didn't think the new owners were going to "do" turkeys their first year. Turns out I was wrong AND lucky - they had two birds left which now have my name on them. My turkey worries are over!!!

The other good news is that Leigh is going to make the Pear-Cranberry Mincemeat Pie (also in this month's Gourmet - just not part of the regular menu). Leigh makes the BEST crust so it's going to be a great addition to the menu. I LOVE having multiple desserts to look forward to, don't you?

No comments: