Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Day 9 and counting...

Blogs are worse than "to do" lists. In my "before the blog" life I probably would have put off making those arrangements until the very last day. But since I've mentioned them far more times than you or I want to read about, I spent 20 minutes today making them. (It took me longer to decide on vases than it did to do them.) As you can see they're now on the dining room table waiting for their places.
Although we can with the addition of an extended top to the table seat 16 or so, we usually have more than that for Thanksgiving so set up a couple of spare tables in the front "music" room. You might notice the cat has decided to claim a chair but don't worry, he HATES crowds so folks who come will probably never see him. However, the chair will be used. We just got an email from our niece, Lizzie, that she's coming (EXCITING news for us since she lives in London).
The other photo is of the "back" room. I've been working in the evening shelling cranberry beans. Should have done it 6 weeks ago but didn't. (See what happens when I don't tell you what's on my list to do?)

No comments: